Skip to content
How to take care of your jewelry to prevent it from tarnishing or fading
1. Keep your jewelry clean
- Chemicals residual in dirt particles can harm your jewelry, so make sure to use mild soap to clean off any built-up dirt and oils and dry it off promptly.
2. Keep it away from harsh chemicals
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to chlorinated water as it can react with the metals and cause it to change color.
- Avoid using cleaner made for silver, gold or platinum as these are normally too harsh for jewelry with plated metals.
- Avoid wearing jewelry immediately after putting on lotions, perfumes, hairspray and makeup to prevent it from reacting with harsh chemicals.
- Always remove your jewelry when cleaning and avoid exposing it to harsh chemicals.
- Avoid wearing jewelry to bed as your sweat may react to the metals.
3. Store it properly
- Store your jewelry in a in an air-tight or confined space as metals tend to oxidize in the open air
- Store your jewelry in a jewelry box or jewelry organizer to prevent it from scratching.
- Make sure your jewelry is dry and clean before storing it to prevent it from tarnishing.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist